Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Power of Prayer

Wow, I am living testimony to the power of prayer! I can literally feel myself being prayed for this week. I have total peace about my surgery tomorrow and God has really spoken to me this week also about several things that I need to hand over to Him. When we let Him, God truly does a powerful work in our life. The hard part is that before we are blessed, we have to completely submit to Him and His will for our life and also humble ourselves before Him. I have been talking with a friend of mine about being in the "wilderness" lately, i.e. feeling like everything that can happen has happened to us lately. She gave me such a word of wisdom - God leads us into the wilderness sometimes to mature us and also to speak to us. We have to be willing to go there and be patient while He completes a good work in us! I keep telling myself everday that God is for us and never against us and where I am at right now is just exactly where he wants me to be!

I have been meaning to post some pictures of this past weekend. We celebrated my father's 78th birthday at Miss Mary Bobo's in Lynchburg, Tennessee. Oh my! All I have to say is GO! Best food I have ever put in my mouth - ever! Now I know why Food Network has been there. Make sure and get reservations first though because it is very hard to get in. Then we toured the Jack Daniels Distillery. It was so much fun, especially dealing with Abby my "would-be" prohibitionist. I think she thought she was going to go straight to hell just for being there (she has a little to learn about God's grace and a little less to learn about legalism.) It was a load of fun! We had a really great time as a family. Thank you Melanie for planning the day.

FYI - Just as Chris, the kids and I were about to head out Saturday morning to meet everyone in Lynchburg we had a water pipe break in our kitchen and our kitchen was flooded for about 20 minutes solid before water could get turned off at the water mane out front. That was an adventure for sure. We have it capped off now and fans have been running for several days. More reason to re-do the kitchen as soon as we can!

I will be thinking of everyone and praying for you all as I recover tomorrow and Friday. Love to everyone! Melissa

No comments: