Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pine Ridge Indian Reservation








































Honestly, it is very hard to try and explain our family's experience at Pine Ridge, but a few words I would use to describe it are eye-opening, hard, life-changing, fun, depressing and most of all motivational. The conditions there are ridiculous and embarrasing. The poverty level is almost indescribable and the kids, well, precious. Chris worked on a house and the kids and I worked everday at a VBS for the children of the community of Porcupine, S.D. I could talk for hours about our trip, but for today I am just going to give you a glimpse of our trip there and back. I hope and challenge each of you to go out and help others (and take your kids with you if you can!). Blessings and peace. Melissa

No comments: